Unique Facts About UEI
* Latest Cloud Technology adding Machine Learning and Big Data
* Create products that enhance our daily lives
* Over 400 patents issued and pending
* Rapidly growing platform with millions hits
* Diverse Engineering environment from embedded to cloud to mobile
* Global reach with huge market share
* Competitive salary with 50% match in 401K
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. You will join a team focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. UEI accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 450 million people every week, and we're just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
As a leading member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven products (ideation, architecture & development, market positioning, etc.). This would require deep understanding of UEI's core technologies as well as technology trends in data mining & cloud services. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for our products.
This role has responsibility design and development of customer-facing cloud services and internal tools to enable a range of new data driven high performance applications for the connected home.
* Design, develop, deploy and refine a world-class cloud infrastructure and services at scale
* Influence the team with your ideas through thoughtful research and strong communication
* Design and develop tools to process large data sets with statistical algorithms, machine learning and data mining methodologies
* Work with Data Infrastructure team in the design and architecture of an optimized database schema, architecture, queries, complex stored procedures, and unstructured data services
* Lead projects, assess scope and define timelines, plans, and roadmaps
* Impact the overall success of the team through data-driven decision making
Desired Skills and Experience
* You are a natural hands-on leader, you are fearless and take risks in order to innovate
* You have a great amount of interest and passion in our industry and feel you have lots to offer
* Computer Science or Engineering degree combined with at least 8 years of work experience
* Possess a strong technical background in cloud architecture and development and able to learn & apply new topics quickly and efficiently
* Superior verbal and written communication skills, and highly comfortable with C-Level interactions
* Proven track record to build and lead distributed development teams for a fast paced environment
* Full Stack Expert including solid hands on experience with Microsoft technologies and platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Microsoft SQL Server
* Proficiency in Microsoft .Net (C#) and complementary business layer and front-end technologies including RESTful services, SOAP and JSON, HTML5, Angular, etc.
* Experience with high availability, clustering, replication, disaster recovery
* Experience with Machine Learning, Python, R, etc. a strong plus
* Experience with Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and ETL tools is a strong plus
Please visit for more:
About Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics provides wireless control technology for the connected home.