The Communications team is looking for a front-end engineer to build and improve the tools (like Twitch Chat!) that users and broadcasters use to communicate on Twitch.
Does creating new products that enable viewers to interact with broadcasters appeal to you? Are you interested in scaling one of the world's largest chat systems delivering up to 300 billion messages each day? If you have the desire to build scalable, fault-tolerant, low-latency communication systems, come join us!
* Design, build, and maintain scalable, reliable, and low-latency systems
* Cultivate engineering best practices within your group and engineering
* Participate and lead code and design reviews
* Participate in design and architecture sessions with other product and team leads
* Mentor and motivate junior engineers
* 4+ years of experience building consumer-facing web applications at scale
* High fluency in data structures, algorithms, data modeling, and schema design
* Ability to apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Experience writing Go in production ready systems
* Experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
* Experience in scaling high-volume, production systems with high availability and performance
* Hands-on experience building systems using Amazon Web Services
* Experience with large data stores (DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra)
* Experience with data pipelines (Kafka, AWS Kinesis, NSQ)
* Deep knowledge of network protocols and Linux kernel tuning
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.