The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and large-scale services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. In Central technology group, we are seeking top full stack engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic and highly driven developer services team.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design and realization for developer tools including developer portals, build distribution systems, package manager etc. to running smoothly for Zynga's developers.
* Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
* Owns technical design and review for end-to-end products, ensure design quality and integrity
* Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements
* Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
* Establish process and metrics to measure software quality
* Lead and Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical perfection.
* Drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical discernment.
* Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
* Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
* BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
* A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in software development, mobile, desktop or web application development with hands on coding experience covering full stack
* Experience coding in Java and/or C# and SQL
* Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
* A proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
* Strong Object Oriented Skills
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, terraform etc) is a plus
* Experience with setting up server monitoring, alerting and server provisioning is a plus
* Familiarity with micro service architecture, containers and related technologies is a plus (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
* Experience with development tools & integrated build systems: XCode, IntelliJ, Git/Jenkins
* Experience of driving activities, review process to ensure software and product quality.
* Experience working with package managers like Nugit is a plus
* Willing to pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge-and if a conventional solution does not exist, then innovate as necessary.
What we offer you
* Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
* Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
* Gourmet created lunch created by ZCulinary daily - stocked snack areas
* Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
* Emergency child care support
* Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
* Dog Friendly offices
* Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
* Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
* Flexible working hours on many teams
* On-Site gym and fitness classes
* Commuter benefits
* Casual dress every single day
* Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Zynga provides social game services and develops social games for smartphones, websites and social websites.