Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at Conduent.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today. After applying, please check your email (including spam folder) for updates on this position.
As Senior Software Engineer, the candidate will develop and support Conduent's Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) products. These industry-leading products support the collection of tolls and the associated operations for a number of the country's largest tolling agencies and will be responsible for all aspects of software development and product support in a 24x7 operating environment.
In the capacity of Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for:
* Analyzing, developing, debugging, and supporting a high-volume, large-scale, multi-tiered transaction processing near real-time systems in production
* Working in Agile software development lifecycle methodology, they will analyze the requirements, write design documents and perform unit testing.
* Candidate will also monitor the production system, analyze the issues and requirements, provide solutions to production issues, and fix any bugs in the production system.
* Will identify and resolve system performance issues by analyzing the logs and debug tools.
* Will design and develop near real-time applications using C, C , Boost library, rational tools, python, Perl.
* Will work as technical liaison, providing technical information on the system performance.
* Will also analyze new requirements and provide estimates for new development, mentor team member and solely incharge for the delivery of the project.
* Very good verbal and written communication
* 8 Years of experience in C, C and Rational Rose RT tools
* 5 years' experience is integrating devices like camera, RF ID readers, LIDAR.
* Strong exposure to low level protocol like TCP, UDP
* Development of applications in Linux environment.
* Familiar with computer vision libraries.
* Prior experience in a similar role is required
* Please include other requirements as appropriate
* Must be currently eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
* Must consent to and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
* 4 year Bachelor in Computer Engineering or Masters in Computer Science
Location: This position is located onsite in Germantown, MD. No relocation assistance is provided.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.