We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Mapping provides navigational knowledge and intelligence of the world to AV so as to allow it to reason and maneuver safely while driving autonomously. As the team, we build frameworks and libraries to enable AV engineers to work with maps data in the most efficient and scalable way. These tools are integrated into self-driving cars' software and plays a crucial role in its ability to navigate in the world.
As an engineer, you will be challenged to design, implement and maintain one of the most fundamental and complex systems in the cars software.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Design and implement systems and libraries to supply high demand to consume maps data
* Work closely with vehicle engineering to enable real-time vehicle communication and feedback
* Own technical projects from start to finish
* Consider the effects of projects across multiple teams and proactively manage conflicts
* Design and implement high performance and scalable systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* Experience building high performance low latency solutions to access large amount of data
* Experience with microservice-based architectures
* Experience working with relational databases
* BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
* Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
* 5+ years of industry experience
* Advanced C++ coding abilities with strong system fundamentals
* Experience writing in Python
* Experience working with Protocol Buffer
* Experience working with multithreading
* Experience working with PostGIS, GEOS, Shapely, Well Known Test (WKT) or Well Known Binary (WKB) formats
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.