As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and verify the high integrity and safety critical software for various spaceflight systems. Together, our team develops the ground control software that controls, commands and monitors autonomous launch systems. Our Software Integration Engineers take a leading role in making our software work in the real world. This hands-on position requires a commitment to quality and attention to detail commensurate with safe human spaceflight and provides an opportunity to directly impact the history of human space exploration. As such, this position will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Collaborate with software, hardware, controls, systems, and operations engineers to produce seamlessly integrated systems
* Implement software changes in C/C++ and Python to both flight code and test infrastructure
* Plan, implement, and perform end-to-end software integration tests to assure launch mission success and human safety
* Provide real-time software technical support during ground and flight operations
* Identify opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
* Think creatively to find the simplest solutions to problems, even if that means no software is needed at all
* Integrate and qualify all software products, including avionics hardware drivers, command and data handling software, and guidance and control applications
* Develop and execute hardware-in-the-loop software tests, on-vehicle functional tests, and flight tests
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
* 10+ years of software development experience, preferably in C/C++
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Innovative problem solver with an interest in spacecraft systems development
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development program
* Travel -will require a travel to orbital launch site in Florida
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience or training in formal systems engineering, including requirements modeling, analysis, and verification
* 10+ years of experience of developing and testing real-time embedded systems and control systems
* Experience with real-time and/or safety-critical software development
* Experience with DAL software assurance
* Experience with vehicle attitude and position sensors, launch vehicle sensors, hydraulic or electromechanical actuation systems, including GPS, accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure or temperature sensors, solenoids, servos, etc.
* Experience with real time operating systems, Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, MATLAB/Simulink, serial communications, IP networking
* Experience working with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, JTAG, etc
* Familiarity with latest FPGA development
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.