GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for a full-stack back-end engineer to join our next generation experience web team in Kirkland. The team is building our next generation experiences for our small business customers to help them start, grow and run their venture. If you have the passion, enthusiasm and ability to create compelling web and mobile interactions for customers on their way to making their small businesses great, we would like to talk to you!
We are looking for a full-stack engineer with a back-end focus to be a part of our team working on the next generation of user experiences for our customers. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for passionate people to share our vision. We leverage experimentation to make data-driven decisions about how to best help our customers. By combining personalization, machine learning, and cutting-edge software systems we are building services that will solve the problems and needs of people starting and running their small business.
The development stack spans API services (Python and Node.js) & devops (Kubernetes and Docker) along with current front-end and back-end technologies including React, React Native, ES2015+, scikit-learn, and cloud computing platforms like AWS and GCP.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about doing the right thing for the customer and want to learn and grow with new technologies and opportunities. If you want to work with smart people doing work that will be used by millions of people every day, we would like to talk to you!
* Write great code and create unit and integration tests that prove it.
* Participate in ensuring a high quality and performant system that engages and delights customers.
* Participate in planning, architectural discussion, implementation, and maintenance of a client and server side platform enabling personalized interactions with customers.
* Perform code reviews and participate in defining and supporting coding best practices.
* Participate in devops, release and on-call activities in support of the platform.
* Write, edit and improve technical documentation.
* Engage with engineers & stakeholders across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact).
* Support, mentor and help develop other engineers in the team.
* Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
* You have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of core back-end technologies: Node.js or Python; REST APIs; and distributed architectures.
* You have a strong understanding of git and git-based workflows.
* You have experience using technologies and languages such as Node.js, npm, yarn, ES2015+, Python, or pip.
* You have experience working with highly agile development teams.
* You have experience creating RESTful APIs to power web applications. Experience with other technologies such as GraphQL or WebSockets a plus.
* You have experience with devops and understand systems like docker, AWS, GCP, OpenStack, Artifactory or Kubernetes.
* You have experience contributing to Open Source projects. Managing Open Source projects is a plus.
* You are familiar with front-end technologies such as React, Vue.js, Ember, Next.js, Angular, Backbone, or jQuery.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Job ID R001508