At Liveramp, we are on a quest to build the most flexible and scalable data marketplace. The platform underlying the marketplace ingests, analyzes, enriches and transforms tens of petabytes of data and then delivers the enriched data to our customers.Powering it is a massive Hadoop cluster with over 80K cores and counting. The Activations data engineering team continuously uses 30k cores, 100 terabytes of RAM, and processes petabytes of data every day.
* Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that process petabytes of data per day
* Help lead and mentor your fellow engineers as they tackle challenging problems such as implementing SOA and Kubernetes at scale, building our new cloud platform, and migrating our data tier to GCP.
* Make large architectural changes both to improve existing systems and enable new products and use cases
* Take a technical leadership role in scaling out our systems and team with our quickly growing product
* Work on building a generic and highly scalable data matching service that will process petabytes of data to power a wider array of use cases
* Develop new models and interfaces to simplify our systems and expose access to our functionality via clean, scalable APIs
* 4+ years of Experience scaling big data systems
* You love mentoring junior engineers, and deploying best practices
* Ability to abstract complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them
* Experience working with complex distributed systems and service oriented architectures
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Technologies we use
* Java to develop distributed systems and Hadoop applications
* Hadoop - MapReduce, Cascading, Spark
* Kubernetes and Docker
* Google Cloud Platform - GKE, GCS, GCE
* Terraform, Atlantis, Jenkins to manage our infrastructure
* People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
* Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
* Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
* Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world's largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
LiveRamp (formerly Acxiom Corporation) is a data onboarder, empowering marketers to use their customer database in their choice of online advertising platforms for targeting, ROI measurement, content optimization, and more.