As Microsoft continues to develop the Intelligent Cloud & Edge the set of customer experiences will grow every day. In the AI Perception and Mixed Reality Team we are focused on enabling those experiences with physical devices like HoloLens as well as new services in Azure. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together whether it is a social gathering in virtual reality or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and speech interaction. We are a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, IoT, tablets, and desktops. We believe there must be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
* BS or Masters in Computer Science or similar Engineering degree with 7+ years of experience
* C++, C#, or similar object-oriented design, coding, and E2E testing experience
* Experience with Windows or Linux or Android development - familiarity with device drivers and development environments
* Solid device based development and testing knowledge across phones, tablets, or IoT devices
* Experience with continuous integration systems like Azure Dev Ops or Jenkins
* Excellent detailed written and verbal communications skills
* Tolerance for ambiguity working through incubation to actual product definition
There are plenty of other skills that are not required, but you will find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
* JTAG debugging
* Git / GitHub
* Debugging experience on Windows, Android, IOS
* Experience with Azure, AWS, or Google cloud solutions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To ship the many different products across the team, we need reliable and scalable infrastructure and tooling in daily development and quality validation. In this job, you will research and create tools as well as contribute to systems that enable development and release capabilities across a variety of projects including the next Holographic OS. Your investigations and code changes will enable bring-up along with full scale development of OS features and applications on potentially new platforms. You will need to engage with developers across Microsoft to understand needs, produce results that scale, and measure success via telemetry. Creativity in problem solving will be a common occurrence either via writing new code or adopting existing industry solutions with a focus on stability, ease of use, and developer satisfaction.
* Research, design, & code tools around OS build systems and plan how the pieces integrate
* Prototype and pilot existing technologies that speed up our time to market and unlock new platforms with supporting documentation.
* Work closely with hardware and software teams to deliver an elegant solution that maximizes code reuse across different platforms
* Collaborate with internal developers across the team to roll-out solutions that work across multiple architectures
* Adopt telemetry strategies to understand how your code is leveraged and its reliability
* Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
* Participate directly on infrastructure vision and planning by keeping tabs on new features or tools in the field as well as competitive technologies and ecosystem evolution.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.