At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat DevOps team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in Westford, MA. In this role, you will be contributing code to Red Hat's mission-critical systems while helping us to build a next-generation cloud-native build and distribution pipeline for Red Hat's entire product portfolio. Being a member of the DevOps development team is about having a passion for new technologies and their real-world application and management. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll become part of a team that is constantly evolving the most sophisticated enterprise-class Linux build and distribution system in the world.
Primary job responsibilities
* Maintain and extend tools owned by your specific development team * Collaborate with upstream open source communities on relevant projects * Help the team adopt continuous integration (CI) and continuous development (CD) methodologies * Improve the tools and processes used to deliver Red Hat's solutions to customers; ensure those tools are robust, reliable, and ready for the next generation of open source technologies * Collaborate with users of our tools and other stakeholders to find solutions to their problems * Develop, document, and test software using sound development practices
* Required skills: * Practical experience with web or system programming, or equivalent computer science degree
* Knowledge of the Unix and Linux operating systems
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of experience delivering enterprise software applications
* Advanced programming skills in Python
* Good knowledge of unit testing frameworks and methodologies
* Experience with REST APIs
* Familiarity with participating in an agile development team
* Ability to communicate and work in English as part of a global team
* Positive attitude and willingness to share ideas
* Passion for developing open source software
* Familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Linux containers, or Kubernetes is a plus
* Previous code contributions to open source projects or code samples on GitHub are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.