There's no better time to bring your software engineering career to the health care industry.
You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not just any solutions -- solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone.
When you join us as a Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in healthcare and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the healthcare industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.(sm)
* Design and develop highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, RDS and EC2.
* Strategize, plan and manage all processes related to continuous integration, continuous delivery, and process automation.
* Enforce strict compliance and security requirements in accordance with HIPAA regulations and best practices.
* Develop automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure, web applications, and APIs
* Collaborate with Architects, DevOps Engineers, Engineering Managers, Product Managers and Engineers across the organization to deliver a comprehensive solution.
Continuously improve the speed, reliability and quality of our product delivery.
* Hands on experience in software development, database design, and enterprise architecture
* Experience in the following languages: C#, Scala
* Experience in the following frameworks: Spark, .NET
* Experience in AWS or Azure
* Strong in database technologies, SQL, PL/SQL or T-SQL
* Proven ability to meet deadlines, expand existing knowledge to learn new technology and process
* Experience in working in an agile (scrum) environment
* Experience in ReactJS
* Experience in healthcare software development
* Experience in building applications that can integrate with the EHR
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:C# .NET Spark Scala SQL AWS Azure , API Gateway, Lambda, RDS and EC2.