Samsara is seeking an Applied Computer Vision Engineer to join our San Francisco-based team. We build systems that leverage many kinds of real-time sensor data to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs and increase safety for our operational customers. We have launched multiple camera products (such as our video dashcams and our Industrial machine vision cameras), and we are working on many other applications of computer vision.
As a software engineer focusing on Computer Vision at Samsara, you will design and develop the core computer vision algorithms and image processing pipeline for our machine vision camera product. You will work on a small team to identify customer pain points and vision-related use cases, and then implement solutions to solve customer problems. Sample areas of work include text recognition (using OCR or training-based approaches), edge fixturing, feature detection and matching, and contour detection (to name a few).
As an engineer on the machine vision team, you might work on:
* Leveraging OCR or text-training based approaches to validate text on printed labels and packages in various verticals across manufacturing and production.
* Evaluating, analyzing and optimizing system resources related to image processing and computer vision.
* Applying advanced machine learning techniques to deliver best-in-class vision capabilities for our machine vision applications.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
* Expert level understanding and practical experience with applying computer vision algorithms to solve product use cases.
* Strong programming/coding skills in at least one general purpose language.
* Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV.
An ideal candidate might:
* Be proficient in Python, C/C++, or Go.
* Enjoy reading the latest academic papers in computer vision and machine learning.
* Understand and have implemented seminal computer vision algorithms at production scale.
* Have strong communication skills and a desire to collaborate across engineering teams.
* Have a fundamental understanding of machine learning techniques, especially as they relate to vision oriented problems.
* Regularly ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment.
* Be excited about the possibility of leveraging cameras and applying vision related techniques to transform the Industrial and Manufacturing space.
If you are excited by the idea of working at a fast-growing company, being constantly challenged by and learning from high-caliber engineers, owning and shaping product development, and ultimately growing a world-class engineering team, we'd love to have you join our team! This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is a company that provides a software-centric solution for sensor models.