At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We're improving the world's economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Application Systems (Contractor) at OnDeck, you will:
* Work closely with product managers and other engineers to design and build robust features in an agile environment
* Participate in the maintenance, support, and enhancements of existing systems
* Write unit, integration, and functional test suites to ensure stability of systems
* Provide recommendations for technology improvement and uphold best practices
Necessary qualifications for success:
* Strong Java developer with experience building complex system
* Experience with Java frameworks like Jersey, Spring, and/or Dropwizard
* Experience with AngularJS, Ruby on Rails, SQL and/or NOSQL
* Experience creating and consuming REST web services
* Good understanding of event-driven, functional, and object oriented paradigm
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Passionate about technology and willing to learn something new
Nice-to-haves (not required):
* Experience with Jenkins and Ansible
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we've issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we're reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company's success. That's why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
* Generous Vacation
* Comprehensive Healthcare
* Educational Reimbursement
* 401k Matching
* Parental Leave
* Sports Teams
* Stocked Kitchens
* Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
* WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
* Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
* Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
* Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
* Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
* Crain's New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
* Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
* Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People's Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
* Crain's New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
* Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
* Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
* Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
* 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No external recruiters or agents, please.