Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. At Optimizely we are the Experimentation Platform that enable some of largest companies in the world to turn data into action.
As we continue to enhance our enterprise-class experimentation platform, we are looking for a senior engineer to help lead and create our next wave of services and architectural improvements. We want you to be idealistic but pragmatic, creative but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code and infrastructure. Scale and performance are part of everything we build. You'll be building the foundation that empowers billions of experiences across the world's leading websites and digital experience providers.
Does this sound like you? Come join us!
What you will do:
* Design and implement next generation core application backend components
* Identify when to replace and when to rebuild legacy systems
* Design and enhance all systems to be Enterprise Class (Reliability, Scalability, Performance, Security, etc.)
* Design and build systems that have monitoring and alerting capabilities
* Educate internal customers on how to best venture into our codebase
* Organize, plan, and lead large projects through to completion
What sets our Application Backend Engineers apart:
* Work with colleagues that get you fired up every day and are super smart!
* Learn more about our engineering organization by visiting our blog
* We're engaged in the Developer Community. We are after-all not just developers but we are also building products for developers. You'll see us at PyBay (Bay Area), Austin Python Meetups and more
* We're not locked into a specific technology stack. You'll be working with and picking the latest technologies to do the job right. Some of the technologies we work with include: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Monitoring, and observability tooling
Optimizely is a company that develops a progressive delivery and experimentation platform.