Zendesk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our anti-abuse engineering team. We are a distributed team with members in the San Francisco, Madison, Melbourne and Dublin offices. You will be working with a group of highly skilled engineers, data analysts and product partners, building out our new generation of fraud prevention systems at scale. Fraud prevention is a complex and challenging problem at Zendesk. We are utilizing cutting-edge technologies like real-time data processing and machine learning to protect Zendesk's infrastructure and our customers. You will havethe chance to collaborate with a wide variety of teams, including partners in Product, Customer Advocacy, Security, Email, Legal, Finance, and Operations. Are you interested in the technology or the field? Come join us! This is a full-time position and located in our Madison office.
* You are curious and love solving hard problems.
* You are passionate about building highly available systems.
* You are a strong believer in making data-informed decisions.
* You strongly agree on service and code ownership.
What you get to do every day:
* Design and operate fraud prevention systems that detect fraud activities from millions of signals in near real time.
* Work in a dynamic agile team and use the latest technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Apache Flink, Akka) to deliver highly scalable systems.
* Design and refine our data ETL pipelines to help abuse analysts make accurate decisions so we can prevent fraud quickly and effectively.
* Devote effort in making our systems better every day. Including but not limited to: continuously refactor code to confirm SOLID principles, improve service SLI/SLO, be responsible for service incidents.
* Collaborate with product managers, data analysts, and advocacy teams to understand ongoing abuse issues and come up with creative solutions.
* Collaborate with various product teams to enhance and integrate abuse-fighting capabilities into our platform.
What you bring to the role:
* 3+ years of software engineering experience. You've worked in multiple languages, but bring in deep knowledge of Scala, Akka, Play framework or equivalent ones.
* Hands-on experience with Python is helpful.
* Shown experience in designing and implementing successful data ETL pipelines.
* Shown experience in designing and implementing highly available systems, e.g. REST/gRPC endpoints.
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey highly technical information in an accessible manner.
* Ability to work independently yet fully integrate with worldwide, remote teams.
* Can-do attitude with a focus on problem solving, product quality, and a strong desire to get the job done.
Nice to have:
* Working knowledge/expertise in the abuse domain.
* Previous data mining/machine learning experience is a plus.
* Familiarity with AWS Athena, Apache Kafka.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Zendesk is a software development company, providing software-as-a-service products for organizations.