Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer (Android)
* Develop Android client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
* Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, and Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity.
* Working to remain an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc.).
* Someone who is always curious to learn. Will get to work with the latest AR and ML technologies and bring that to real life.
* Actively participate in all team scrum ceremonies and contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality.Influence and contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from the broader team.Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.).
* Working with designers on refining our user experiences with an eye to Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design.
* Demonstrated investment in Android development knowledge growth through self-study, side projects and/or school/work experience.
* Ability to detect and abstract common patterns in code.
* Bachelor's degree
* At least 5 years of experience of native Android development experience
* At least 1 published app in the Google Play store
* At least 1 year of experience building native Android app using Kotlin
* At least 1 year of experience Developing Android libraries
* At least 1 year of experience in unit and instrumentation and functional test
* At least 3 years of experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
* At least 1 year of experience with Jenkins
* 1+ years of experience in design and developing Micro Services
* 1+ years of experience in working with AR and ML capabilities
* 2+ years of experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
* 1+ years with Open Source Contributions
* 1+ years of experience as a tech lead
* 1+ years of Experience with Dynamic feature
* 1+ years of Experience with Instant apps
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.