Accertify Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express, is a leader in providing software, tools and strategies for preventing online fraud and mitigating enterprise-wide risks. Accertify is committed to providing e-commerce companies with comprehensive and cost-effective solutions to fraud.
As a part of the team, you will:
* Work with business representatives, Lead Developers, and the Director of Software Development to design, build and test new products and features
* Work independently or on small team projects
* Participate in requirement gathering and design sessions
* Participate in peer code reviews
* Troubleshoot and optimize code for usability, performance, and scalability
We seek individuals with strong fundamental programming experience, great communication skills, and a love for working on challenging problems.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
* Very strong and demonstrable analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
* Professional programming experience in an enterprise setting
* High volume transactional environment experience
* 4 years software development experience as a Java developer
* A solid understanding of "how things work" in the world of computers, the Internet, databases, and the Java programming language
* Familiarity with basic programming constructs (conditionals, loops, data structures)
* Relational database skills (SQL, JDBC - Oracle and PostgreSQL preferred)
* Linux, MacOS, JSP, jQuery, HTML5, SpringMVC
* Exposure to modern front-end technologies - CSS, less, Bootstrap, AngularJS
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a globally integrated payments company.