United States of America
HCA34: Carlsbad, CA 2752 Loker Avenue West , Carlsbad, CA, 92010-6603 USA
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Specific Job Location: Carlsbad, CA
* Work in all phases of the software development life cycle using Agile development practices following the Scaled Agile Framework
* Architect, design, develop, implement and test embedded, real-time software
* Develop tools and applications for Windows and Linux environments
* Develop innovative tools and testing infrastructures that support model-based automated code generation as well as automated build and continuous integration and test using Python and C++
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must possess or meet eligibility requirements for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance.
* Experience with full life cycle OOA/D software development using C++
* Experience with multi-threaded real-time embedded applications
* 7+ years of experience developing software in a professional environment
* Ability to investigate problems to root cause and champion the creation and implementation of solutions
* Ability to break down and estimate software development efforts with reasonable accuracy
* Experience with networking protocols and standards
* Experience with configuration management tools and processes
* Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
* Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
A successful candidate may possess the following:
* Experience with Python, Perl and other scripting languages
* Experience applying data structures and algorithms to solve problems in embedded systems
* Experience working in Atlassian tools (e.g., JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.).
* Experience with Linux as a development platform
* Experience with Agile development methodology
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.