About the Company:
PlaceIQ is a leading data and technology provider that powers critical business and marketing decisions with inferred location data, analytics and insights. An early industry pioneer, PlaceIQ has become the standard for fueling better decisions by consultants, analysts, and publishers through powerful, location-based consumer insights, real-world measurement and attribution.
With PlaceIQ, companies can uncover opportunities in consumer-behavior by measuring real-world ROI and applying insights that drive intelligent and successful business outcomes.
PlaceIQ's vast location-based consumer audience data, measurement, and analytics enables global marketers to further extend their use of PlaceIQ insights to inform media strategy, planning, analytics, and enterprise-grade business decisions. At PlaceIQ, you will get the opportunity to process structured and unstructured data to extract value from it. You will be developing new features, working alongside Data Scientists, and Product Managers, and validating the products to produce a better understanding of the real world.
The role will be to:
* Provide oversight and lead the ad tech engineering efforts and collaborate with Infrastructure to maintain the ad serving environment.
* Provide hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for ad serving, enrichment, streaming, batch ETL's and RESTful API's, HTTP services in a High Availability environment
* Design and continuously develop products, engineered to high standards of performance, efficiency, and reliability
* Prior ad tech industry experience. The ideal candidate will know what Programmatic, DSP, DMP, CPM, OTT and ad serving means and demonstrate the ability to explain it to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Exposure to distributed systems and big data.
* Professional experience with Java, Cassandra, Kafka, Aerospike
* Knowledge of mobile app SDKs, APIs, RTB platforms/specs
* Strong knowledge of concurrent collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
* Great understanding of designing for performance, scalability, and reliability.
* In-depth understanding of object oriented programming concepts
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
* Good knowledge of Linux command line tools
* Solid understanding of database fundamentals, good knowledge of SQL
PlaceIQ powers critical business and marketing decisions with location data, analytics and insights.