For our innovative Adobe Experience Manager enterprise solution driving a billion-dollar revenue, Adobe is looking for a Senior Software Engineer r to join the AEM Cloud.
We're seeking candidates to help us design, build and run high traffic, mission-critical services that drive business for the world's top brands. We are looking for people who are self-starters and who can drive results and outcomes.
What you will do
* Support the transformation of AEM's current, after the fact automation, into a scalable Platform as a Service
* Work with engineering teams to design, build, and maintain systems and solve complex experience management operations and automation challenges.
* Participate in design and write scripts and software layers to monitor and automate processes.
* Ensures smooth operations by designing scalability and failure resistance into automation and monitoring of services.
* Review and provide feedback on features, technology, architecture, designs, time & budget estimates, and test strategies.
* Inspire and encourage solution teams to build reliable and scalable services.
* Keep pace with the evolving technology trends and best practices in software development and operations to take advantage of the industry trends and translate them into Adobe's best practices.
* Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the team (deployment, management and visibility of our services) and ensure a high level of value, productivity, quality and reliability.
* Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network.
* Work closely with Adobe operations teams to help develop and optimize solutions.
* Participate in an on-call schedule.
* Deep understanding of both software engineering and technical operations.
* Familiar with a variety of the cloud and automation concepts, practices and procedures
* Recent large-scale experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef, or equivalent
* Practical experience with Azure or AWS cloud platforms and their concepts
* Practical experience in container technologies like Mesos, DC/OS, Kubernetes, and Docker
* Practical experience with Linux administration, eg. swapping, secret mgmt, cgroups, …
* Practical experience in automation and observation technologies like NewRelic, Grafana, Helm, Jenkins, Nagios, Prometheus or similar
* Practical experience with cloud native services in the following areas
* Caching: Redis/Memcache or equivalent
* Persistence: file system configuration and volume mgmt
* Web delivery/proxy: CDN, nginx, haproxy
* Practical experience with common cloud protocols (eg. TLS, STARTTLS, SSL, HTTPS, SCP, SSH, SFTP, FTPS)
* Practical experience with cloud security concepts (eg. IAM)
* Experience with programming in Python, Java, Ruby, Scala, Go, or similar programming language
* Knowledge of Java and familiar with Java development concepts and practices
* Platform as a Service development experience desired
* Experience with open source software desired (eg. Apache Software Foundation)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area and 5+ years' experiences
* Team player who thrives under pressure
* Interest in working with leading-edge technology and demanding customers
* Obsessed in maximizing customer value high quality and reliable services
* Demonstrated acumen in building and running world class services
* A sense of urgency and impatience infused with infectious enthusiasm to drive our vision
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Fluent in English
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.