Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking Senior Software Engineer for the Advanced Missions Systems (AMS) group within SAS Advanced Capability and Technology (ACT) in a number of mission and technology areas. ACT AMS is responsible for developing advanced and next-generation airborne sensing and mission system solutions across a number of proprietary customers and internal investment projects with strategic importance to SAS.
Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for:
* Development work in the Advanced Tactical Fighter Mission System development product area.
* Developing and evaluating concepts for next generation airborne mission systems, researching options for applicable technologies and coordinating with other R&D organizations, developing concepts of operation, architectures, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions.
* Minimum of 4 Years systems experience supporting and developing real-time embedded software in one or more of the following areas:
* 5th Generation Fighter Sensing Systems experience
* 5th Generation Fighter Mission Systems Prototyping and Integration experience
* System of Systems Engineering experience in the Airborne Sensing and Mission System domain
* Multi-Domain Airborne Sensor Fusion and Tracking experience
* Multi-Spectral, Multi-Sensor Resource Management experience
* Networked Fire Control experience
* Platform Signature Management experience
* Experience with C/C++
* Experience using a Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), e.g., VxWorks, Linux, Green Hills (GH) Integrity or other
* DoD Secret Clearance within 5 years of last update
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: Development experience in Airborne Sensors (Radars, EO/IR, EW, etc.), Data Architecture, Network Communications, Datalinks, Platform Integration, Weapons/Effects (Missiles, Projectiles), Command & Control for Fire Control and Surveillance applications, and/or Resource Management is highly desirable.
* Experience developing and integrating OMS-based architectures
* Domain knowledge in Information Assurance and Cyber Protection
* Demonstrated understanding of F-22 and/or F-35 mission system architectures.
* Experience with Multi-Domain Integration (e.g., air and space) and System of Systems architecture for distributed Command & Control
* Integration and test of airborne mission systems from SIL through flight test
* Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
* Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
* Working with Open CL, Open GL, and CUDA on GPU platforms
* Experience with design, code, integration, and test of large systems.
* Experience developing for MSVC and GCC compilers
* Experience with the following tools a plus: Git, Visual Studio, JIRA, Bamboo, Docker, Boost libraries
* Minimum BS Degree from an accredited university, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
131994 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.