Senior Software Engineer
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* An expert in building digital solutions and you know your way around both server side and client-side code
* Curious and excited to learn new things and solve tricky issues in the simplest possible way.
* Motivated by taking a new feature all the way from inception, through research, design, development, and deployment up until it is being used by our customers.
* Participate in the implementation and enhancement of our digital experience platform
* Provide guidance on the future direction of Digital technology usage
* Work closely with the business team in understanding and implementing the optimum solution.
* Facilitate the implementation and adoption of new frameworks, tools and technologies.
* You also strive to help your colleagues when they need it
* Ability to lead the development team and work with onsite/offshore vendors on key project deliverables.
* Ability to build, fix or troubleshoot CI/CD with tools such as Jenkins, PCF etc.
* Minimum 8+ years of hands-on experience in developing software applications using Java EE
* Minimum 3+ years of experience with cloud platform services and application development using Microsoft Azure OR AWS.
* Extensive experience with Web-Services (SOAP/RESTful), JMS, MQ, MDBs, Springboot.
* Extensive experience with processing XML/JSON data, Ajax
* Experienced with analyzing and tuning code/application performance under High volume/High availability environments.
* Experienced with SQL/ RDBMS, NoSql, database design, writing and tuning queries.
* Experience in test automation, selenium, Jmeter etc. is huge plus
* Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks
* Innovative problem solver.
* Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to translate business requirements into working solutions.
* Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
* Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
* Familiarity with networking, caching, CMS and CDN technologies.
* Experienced in developing and designing solutions for high traffic/high volume in consumer facing industry domains.
* Preferred experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Mongo db. etc. is a plus.
* Preferred experience with Play framework is a plus.
* Knowledge and experience on test automation.
* Working knowledge of emerging UI and Web frameworks.
* Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.). Familiarity and experience with private/hybrid cloud Technologies
* Knowledge of the operating models for private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies
* Experience with automation
* Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery.
* Experience with Mobile and UI technologies is a plus
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.