Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and our video delivery service is at the core of that vision. Ensuring smooth, low-latency video across the world requires large-scale, fault-tolerant systems that can keep up with millions of simultaneous viewers and thousands of broadcasters. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the thought of working across the entire CDN stack, from service load-balancing, to performance optimization, to backbone traffic management. You will help architect, develop, test, deploy, operate, and maintain our video software software. As part of the team, we will work together to enable our broadcasters and viewers to create and interact in new, innovative ways.
* Design, implement, and deploy new CDN features like dynamic content-replacement, ultra low-latency, and dynamic QoS load-balancing
* Create, test, and document services and their operational process
* Help define the future of the Twitch video stack
* Collaborate across the company to define, design, build and improve critical video systems
* Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
* You know how to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
* Excellent communicator and team player
* Excellent command of at least one programming language
* Ability to learn new languages (we mainly use Go, Python and C++) and technologies quickly
* A Bachelor, or preferably Master, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
* You know Go and have used it in production ready systems.
* You have used WebRTC to build real time video/audio systems.
* Start-up experience
* Notable contributions to open source software projects. Send us a link to your contributions.
* You've built brilliant APIs/interfaces that other programmers love to use.
* You've written a Linux kernel module, distributed storage system, or software load balancer.
* Deep understanding of network programming
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.