Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
* Using your 8+ years of software engineering experience to build robust and scalable software.
* Designing and creating services and system architecture.
* Helping improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews.
* Working with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translating learnings into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
* Brainstorming and contributing ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
* Creating amazing user experiences for both internal and external customers.
How we work
* With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as a Jamboard for collaborating on architecture solutions.
* With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
* With agility. We don't believe in following a process for process's sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
* With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
* With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
* Lunch-and learns
* Annual stipend for continuous education
* Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
* Hack days
* Team outings
* Nordstrom discount
* Flexible work environment
* Social environment with built-in bars
Who you are
* A teacher. You're able to mentor your peers and help our team grow.
* A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
* A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology's sake.
* An entrepreneur. You're truly invested in the success of the business.