Whole Foods Market
The Whole Foods Market Digital Technology Team delivers web and mobile solutions that extend our customers' unique in-store experience into the digital space.
We need exceptional people to build and unearth the full potential of the opportunity between Whole Foods Market and Amazon. We can't wait to start showing customers what's possible when we innovate together.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will help tackle a diverse landscape of technical challenges. You will need to play an active role in understanding business requirements and develop software to meet them. You will develop and deploy reliable distributed solutions that operate at scale. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Linux, and AWS services.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and will have the opportunity to redefine an industry while working with different teams across Whole Foods Market and Amazon. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many people.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities:
* You are passionate about defining and creating new products and services that will radically improve customer experiences.
* You and your delivery team take end-to-end ownership of your solutions including implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, security, and operations.
* You love to explore unknown territory and invent simple, beautiful solutions to complex business and usability problems.
* You are highly collaborative, with a proven record of working closely with your team to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions.
* You have a superior command of Computer Science fundamentals such as algorithms and data structures.
* You have demonstrated the application of this knowledge in object-oriented code bases through the use of appropriate design patterns and creating maintainable, scalable, and testable solutions.
* You are a mentor to your team. In past projects, your teammates have come to you for help and you were successful at providing them with clear direction for their immediate need and also guiding them in continuous learning.
* You have great interpersonal communication skills. You're good at finding new and better ways of communicating and sharing your work and are always fine-tuning your work for impact and transparency.
* 5+ years of professional software development experience.
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
* Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Python.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field.
* A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about our business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software.
* Best practices in security and compliance standards (PII and PCI), accessibility (WCAG), and system performance.
* Ability to demonstrate test driven development including writing unit and integration tests.
* Experience with Spring.io or other Java frameworks.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
About Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is a company operating a chain of natural and organic foods supermarkets.