The Azure Production Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) group is dedicated to making it easy for everyone to create, consume, and manage at planetary-scale reliable cloud production services and infrastructure to achieve more. As part of the Observability Platform Team within PIE, you will focus on building data collection, correlation, and analytics solutions used to bring Satya's vision of a "data culture" to life. We own the platform which enables observability products throughout Azure and Microsoft as well as the One Data Strategy (1DS) initiative across the company.
Large distributed systems can be complex and often difficult to understand, observe, and diagnose. Come join a team of engineers with a passion for big data analytics. As part of this team, you'll work on solutions to correlate and analyze some of the biggest collections of distributed system telemetry data in the company. Help Microsoft implement a distributed tracing solution across all of Azure that makes our services more observable internally as well as for our customers. Leverage existing distributed tracing and telemetry correlation techniques as well as design and create new methods to observe and model our systems providing analytic insight around performance, root cause analysis, and diagnostics.
As part of this team, you'll have the opportunity to:
* Impact the Azure organization, engineering teams across Microsoft, and Microsoft customers through the Azure Monitor products.
* Work with standards-based distributed tracing solutions as well as innovative Microsoft designed approaches to trace correlation.
* Learn and leverage data/stream processing solutions such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Explorer (ADX), and Apache Spark to analyze distributed telemetry.
* BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience. (required)
* 5+ years of experience developing commercial software. (required)
* Experience developing and shipping scalable, production web services. (required)
* 5+ years of experience in .NET/C# web service development. (preferred)
* Experience with big data processing (batch/stream), Apache Spark, Scala. (preferred)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with partner product teams to collect requirements and build the Observability Platform to enable their products
* Design and build highly scalable processing pipelines to index and correlate distributed system telemetry across many large-scale services
* Work with partner product groups to understand the requirements and design a distributed tracing solution for all Azure services
* Partner with service teams across Azure and all of Microsoft to onboard them with our distributed tracing solution
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.