AT&T DIRECTV is an industry leader in connecting viewers with entertainment on any screen wherever they are.The Entertainment Group is at the tip of the spear of delivering these cutting-edge products to consumers and ensuring that they are deployed with the appropriate Risk Management controls in place to provide the highest level of quality to our customers world-wide.We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a desire to learn about the complex environment that is behind our video products and use their knowledge to identify ways to simplify the way these products are managed, monitored, and deployed.In joining the Risk Management Team as a Senior - Software Engineer individual contributor, your role will be to identify areas to improve the way we deploy, monitor and manage our platform through automation, dashboards, web interfaces, and reporting with applications like Moogsoft and Service NOW.In this role you will focus on clearly understanding requirements and, with constant motivation to do things right the first time, identify the simplest designs and implementations. Using Agile methods, you will work with Architecture, Operational, and Project Leads to develop solutions for the user stories the team has written up, and track your task via a SCRUM or KanBan board.
Your work matters.We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer for:
Developing deployment, management, web interfaces, and dashboards that improve operational team's ability to identify and minimize Risk Management issues quickly. Build data cubes from the mass data lakes used to house real-time customer experience data to be used for creating automation. This role requires collaboration between various teams within the AT&T Entertainment Group to ensure that the work we do achieves or exceeds the expectations of our clients within the Operations organization. In this role, you will be delivering solutions for legacy platforms as well as platforms that are still in development, so a broad knowledge of content delivery networks both from a linear and non-linear perspective is beneficial in understanding how these networks are monitored.
You are an ideal candidate if the following apply to you:
* Have developed using Agile methodology
* Strive for simplicity in the solution you build for ease of use by others
* Experience working with automation, data, and visualizing the story it tells
* Document your automation, dashboards, web interfaces, reports completely for ease of support
* Participate in industry standard statistical practices creating reports and visualizations
* Are able to adapt to requirement modifications due to changes in the way products are managed and monitored
* Apply knowledge of recycling methods to promote rapid Operational evolution
* Develop deployment automation, monitoring dashboards, web interfaces, and reporting tools on the appropriate platform according to specifications outlined in technical requirements
* Document your automation, dashboard, web interface and report does and means in accordance with established standards to allow for ease in additional modifications by other developers
* Provide updates to team leads and leadership on progress of development and address any concerns or potential issues that arise appropriately
* Collaborate with development team, team leads, customers, external workgroups, and vendors as necessary to achieve completion of each automation initiative
* Identify areas of opportunity for improvement of existing automation, dashboards or web interfaces
* Familiar with AWS, Ansible, Service NOW, Moogsoft, Satellite, SCCM, Centrify or similar tools
* Familiar with cloud computing concepts such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
* Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts including, threats, vulnerabilities, authentication, PEN, SAST, DAST and auditing
Job ID 1924957 Date posted 06/14/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.