Senior Software Engineer - Algorithmic
We're looking for self-motivated Engineers who are passionate about creating software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of unique challenges, from designing complex data structures and algorithms to machine learning and mining big-data. We deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers around the world.
The Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer. Our goal is to bring car shoppers to our platform as efficiently as possible. We're central to the company growth strategy, both in the US and abroad. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the company.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data and insights. Each engineer manages their own products and projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of and work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both challenging and long term.
What You'll Do:
* Expand our reach by finding new ways to identify car shoppers.
* Scale our efforts to handle and take advantage of ever-increasing volumes of traffic and data.
* Improve our efficiency by developing algorithms and heuristics that analyze our data and adjust bids via partner APIs to show ads to people based on the likelihood that they'll find us useful.
* Manage, optimize and bid all our ads requires efficient and scalable architecture that can update and process large amounts of data.
* Build and evolve the engine while we expand to new advertising platforms, new countries, and scale up our targeting to hundreds of millions of keywords.
Who You Are:
* 6+ years of programming experience
* Strong ability to write high quality code and tests
* Knowledge of other SQL flavors and strength with queries and table
* Familiar with Ruby on Rails (not required), AWS, MySQL, REST Interfaces
Our Current Tech Environment: AWS, Python, R, RoR, MySQL, ElasticSearch
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we're nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often.
Andiamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.