We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer on our Cloud Kafka Service team whose mission is to remove the complexity of provisioning, operating, and maintaining a cloud-based messaging by providing an automated, lights- out, self-healing solution. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the platform backend services that drive e-commerce for the world's largest retailer. You will be building the next- generation, cloud-based messaging technology capable of supporting transactions for e-commerce and retail stores.
We are a progressive technology group working in an agile environment that is looking for technologists who want to solve complex, high-scale business problems. You must have a go-getter attitude, excellent communication, and a belief that the customer is first. We are looking for an engineer who believes in delivering solid, robust solutions with a sense of ownership.
* Building high-quality, high performing, scalable software using the latest software engineering best practices
* Driving the product's technical roadmap and ensuring the roadmap fits in the larger Walmart architecture vision
* Collaborating with the product owner to define user stories and acceptance criteria
* Working with a collaborative, agile team of software engineers
* Ensuring the team follows software engineering best practices to build high quality solutions
* Participate in Scrum ceremonies
* Provide support as needed
o 4 plus years of software development and/or DevOps experience
o Bachelor's degree
o Proficiency with Java, Garbage Collection Systems, Multi-threading is a must
o Work experience on Linux/Unix systems
o Deployment automation tools (Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Bash, etc.)
o Proficiency with JMS specs
o Configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, etc.)
o Git or a similar version control tools
o Agile methodologies (Scrum)
o Continuous integration (Jenkins) is a plus
o Testing frameworks (JUnit, Cucumber, or similar)
o Experience with Scrum and agile development
o Experience with Distributive technologies (Kafka and ZK)
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That's what we do at Walmart Labs. We're a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* 100% coverage for in network preventative care
* Retirement Plan
* Vision Plans
* Dental Plans
* Exclusive Discounts
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 10-15 minutes to complete our 1-page application.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs