The world is undergoing a transformation to Cloud Computing, and Microsoft is leading the way with an aggressive strategy to extend Azure to sovereign, disconnected, edge, enterprise, and hybrid scenarios. If you are inspired by the kind of innovation this strategy is going to unleash, have a passion for serious engineering, have the skills to build and support production grade services, and are looking for a dynamic and collaborative team environment, come talk to us!
Azure Stack is a key Microsoft initiative to bring the Azure cloud platform to customers who cannot adopt one of the public Azure offerings. The team is responsible for delivering best-in class microservices, integration APIs and distributed systems to manage hardware device lifecycle (provisioning, configuration, health, FRU), and to work with hardware partners to architect complete end-to-end hyperconverged solutions.
We are looking for software engineers with a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, but who value passion, creativity, teamwork, agility, accountability and desire to learn new complex technical areas. We are committed to a growth mindset and relentlessly improving every day. We consider software engineering to be a craft, and we are always looking for better and smarter ways of working. We are interested in smart, motivated individuals, with positive can-do attitude, who come to work with a smile and enjoy writing clean and elegant code.
* BS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of hands-on experience with datacenter hardware (compute, storage, and networking) and related technologies (BMC, RDMA, IPMI, Redfish, SNMP, SSD, NVME, HBA)
* 5+ years of programming experience with but not limited to: C#, Java, C, C++, or Python
* 5+ years of software experience developing production quality, scalable software/services
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
* Experience in driving technical investigations, prototyping, developing and testing
* Knowledge of distributed systems and web APIs
* Proven track record of delivering enterprise-class software and services at cloud scale
* Experience with hyperconverged infrastructure HCI (Nutanix, SimpliVity) and virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware, KVM)
* Solid communication skills
* Strong customer focus and confident in making critical decisions independently in a fast paced and demanding environment
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and implement microservices and integration API to manage hardware device lifecycle (provisioning, configuration, health, FRU)
* Collaborate with OEM and ODMs on hardware platform design, certification, software deployment, E2E solution lifecycle, and datacenter integration to support large scale cloud deployments
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.