Are you passionate about cloud solutions? Are you looking for opportunities to work with the world's top developers to build the next generation cloud applications? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the newest Microsoft and OSS data solutions on Azure? Are you looking for a technical role with high impact and high career growth opportunities? Then this position is right for you.
Our customers are building amazing cloud applications and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong developer and engineering skills to join the Commercial Software Engineering Team. The core mission of this team is to drive adoption, development and improvements of industry leading Azure based systems and services. In this role you will work on technical engagements using next-generation technologies, and work directly with engineering product groups to share customer evidence and learnings.
The candidate will need to demonstrate deep technical knowledge and development expertise necessary to build leading-edge solutions in partnership with top-tier software vendors and customers. They will have the technical expertise and problem-solving skills necessary to build strong, influential relationships with customers by helping them solve their most complex technical problems. As part of this role, the candidate will need to work closely with engineering product groups by providing partner feedback and influencing the roadmap for future product releases. They will also engage with customers and partners to chart their system's architectural direction and build the resulting solutions. There will be opportunities to present learnings from these engagements through top industry events and online channels.
* �Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development with a focus on data solutions
* Demonstrated deep technical developer skills with a strong knowledge of application development practices and a track record of working closely with large development teams
* Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and emerging trends
* Demonstrated highly effective communication, collaboration and the ability to influence cross-discipline virtual teams
* Broad functional knowledge base to solve complex customer problems
* Demonstrated customer focus with a commitment to end-to-end product or service quality
* Exceptional decision-making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through with customers and partners
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.• Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development with a focus on data solutions
* Leading the design and development of cloud applications with customers and partners through architecture design sessions and direct coding engagements
* Providing subject matter expertise and leadership to Microsoft teams worldwide
* Driving creation of content and solutions using OSS and Microsoft data technologies in support of developer events and customer engagements
* Working closely with Microsoft Azure engineering teams to influence the future product roadmap
* Developing and driving new ways of thinking across groups within the division to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.