Are you looking for an opportunity to build software and systems for some of the biggest data centers that humanity has ever created? The Azure Networking team is responsible for designing and building the software defined network infrastructure that powers millions of servers around the globe for Azure, Bing and other Microsoft cloud services. Azure Networking is at the forefront of Hyperscale Cloud Computing and runs one of the largest datacenter network infrastructure in the world. The Azure Networking team works on the breadth of networking offerings. The physical network team manages all physical switches and routers inside Azure datacenters.
SONiC team owns all the software that is running on the switches and routers. We have lots of interesting problems to solve, such as supporting new generation switches ranging from 10G/40G to 100G/400G, adding feature packet forwarding features, and providing extensive telemetry data for the switches. The team is also building vibrant open source community for the switch software, which is adopted by various other cloud providers.
* 5 years of professional software development experience in C/C++, or Python.
* Knowledge of one or more of C++, Python, Go, C.
* Knowledge of UNIX or Linux.
* Understanding of IP networking and/or distributed systems.
* Hands on experience in the design and development of Ethernet bridging or routing related software or distributed systems software.
* Applied understanding of software engineering principles.
* Strong problem solving and software troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to design a solution and implement features independently.
* Ability to work on small teams solving problems by building features and driving the project with limited oversight.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Architect, design, and develop features and solutions. Develop tests for all code to ensure quality. Fix bugs and refactor code as needed.
* Review and contribute to the specifications and implementations written by another team members.
* Provide technical leadership across features, projects and tools.
* Mentor new and junior engineers to bring them up to speed in software development environment.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.