Xbox Live, the leading gamer network spanning console, PC and mobile games, is central to Microsoft's gaming strategy. Xbox Live provides the breadth of social gaming experiences with Xbox Live clubs, friends, chat, messaging, community hubs, game hubs, game activity feed, and much more. Xbox Live has an exemplary future as it expands to serve many more scenarios where consumers, and creators inspire each other.
We are looking for a creative, analytical and experienced software and data engineer to join our group of similarly inspired and hardworking engineers. You will help us build the next generation of experiences that will make Xbox Live the best community for everyone. You will closely collaborate with Xbox developers, designers, and data scientists, helping us deepen our understanding of gamers and their relationship with other gamers and game content, to provide more meaningful and richer experiences.
Xbox Live is an extraordinary place to work - for every gamer, and every non-gamer with a real passion for deeply understanding our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and even better still when we lift and grow one another. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas. And we have fun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
BA/BS or advanced degree in computer science, statistics, math, economics, business or engineering is ideal
* Dedication for design and enjoy crafting highly performance services
* Experience with an OO programming language like Java/C#/C++; Experience with at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell etc.).
* Experience in data transformation and data visualization.
* Familiar with various machine learning toolkits and productionalizing machine learning models.
* Have experience building production data pipelines using one or more frameworks such as Spark, Flink or Hive/Hadoop.
* Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load), architecting efficient software designs for DW platform.
* Experience with highly scalable, distributed service architectures, productionalizing ML models, high velocity streaming pipelines or high scale data pipelines, etc.
* Experience with technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kusto, Elasticsearch, etc.
* Familiarity with Gaming and Social Network domains.
* A strong performance history.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Chip in to and learn from a wider community of developers at Xbox to innovate and craft excellent services for our customers.
* Integrate and solve cloud services used in numerous customer experiences across multiple platforms.
* You are experienced in a wide array of ML techniques, with a penchant for problem solving.
* You are extraordinary with the theoretical, practical, and business aspects of machine learning.
* As a product innovator, you will ideate, scope, and drive implementation and validation.
We do not have a fixed list of requirements. You are excited for the end to end experience. You will deliver actionable insights, recommendations and product improvements. Deeply understanding what excites our existing users and what motivates new users to join Xbox Live is core to our success, and your skills are central to this success.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.