Are you passionate about gaming and game development? Do you want to help make Xbox game developers more successful? Team Xbox is at the forefront of delivering the industry's best platform and experiences for both gamers and game developers. We work closely with industry leaders across hardware, software, services and our 1st and 3rd party game studios to ensure Microsoft's platforms are designed and optimized to meet the needs of our players on the Xbox console, Windows PC, and xCloud.
The Developer Experience End-to-End team is responsible for being the first customer of the Platform APIs and Developer workflow. We use our platform and tools just like our developers to build content to ensure we are delivering high-quality, reliable experiences. We are looking for a strong Software Engineer who shares our passion for enabling developers to build amazing Xbox One, Windows PC, and xCloud games. This candidate is experienced at building great products, has the technical strength needed to engage across the engineering organization, has the customer focus needed to learn from the Xbox developer community and has the ability to partner with many different types of people.
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Strong debugging skills
* Excellent design and coding skills in C/C++
* Demonstrated technical excellence and commitment to quality
* Passion for delighting game developers with high-quality, reliable experiences
* Flexible, self-motivated, team player
* Ability to work across teams, organizations and functional areas to deliver end to end solutions
* Prior game development experience is a bonus, DirectX/3D experience is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* We use our platform and tools like our developers, identify problems and drive them to conclusion
* We are verifying that the end-to-end developer workflow is polished, robust, easy, and reliable to use
* We build representative game content that can be leveraged by the platform team for performance analysis, API coverage, and flighting
* We work with Studio developers to understand how they use our platform, and how we can improve their workflow through our tools
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.