Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title's Mortgage Solutions division provides lenders with solutions to originate, close and service quality loans. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com/mortgagesolutions/.
The Senior Software Engineer participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications; is responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases; works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them; participates in the development of software user manuals.
* Full Stack application development experience.
* Test and deliver software on time.
* Provide maintenance of developed software including regression testing and debugging.
* Experience leading team of engineers in the design, development, and maintenance of software code for business applications.
* Build test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest impacting products
* Formulate and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects.
* Perform maintenance, installations, upgrades, and other technical duties associated with the support of product applications platforms and/or product systems platforms.
* Responsible for top-tier implementation and integration with backend databases.
* Formulate and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify internal business systems.
* Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
* Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
Supervision Received or Extended
* Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
* Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
* Troubleshoot a wide variety of complex problems and identify solutions within broad applications and functional expertise.
* Regularly provides input to define and implement conceptual issues.
* Work under general direction.
* Mentor and advises less experienced team members, monitoring project status.
* Use expertise of other team members and leverages a wide range of additional resources to explore/implement complex customized applications as a solution.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
* Experience with Python and .Net languages required
* Experience with AWS application development and deployment
* Familiarity with both relational and non-relational databases including SQL Server stored procedures
* Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
* Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
* Expertise in designing programs and applications
* Experience designing application systems
* Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
* Strong organizational or Project Management skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
* Typically 5-7 years of directly related experience
* Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.