Sr. Software Engineer at Sumo Logic (View all jobs)
Redwood City, CA
What we do: We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform - logs, time series metrics, and security analytics. We were founded in 2010 by experts in log management, big data, security systems, and enterprise-scale applications. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
Our Customers: We serve DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
Mission: Democratize machine data analytics through our platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Massive Scale: Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Funding and Growth: We have received $345 million in funding to date. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 1,600 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
* Build the system that runs elastic big data analytics platform written in Scala that runs in the AWS cloud.
* Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems.
* Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
* Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
* Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
* Development management over exabytes of data using the latest and greatest technologies such as Kafka, Mesos, Spark, Docker and Kubernetes!
* Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Networking or related field and two (2) years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer or in a related role.
* Multi-threaded programming;
* distributed systems;
* Object-oriented programming using Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++; and
* Algorithms and performance characteristics of large distributed software systems.