Do you want to be part of the team that builds mission critical systems and services over which millions of transactions worth billions of dollars get processed? Do you have the programming skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our stakeholders? Do you want to lead and be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that executes with a Start-Up spirit and takes pride in delivering value to Microsoft and its digital ecosystem partners on time with security, compliance quality in an agile cadence? Do you want to be part of the team that prides itself by owning it services end to end, demonstrates growth mindset and continually lifts the bar with every single deliverable?
If your answer is "YES" to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the software Engineering team in the Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) organization in Microsoft CSE&O division.
Microsoft distributes numerous products that have content created and/or published by third parties. In exchange we pay these third parties royalties (Outbound Royalties) or revenue share based on contract terms. The charter of the Royalties Content Operations (RCO) group is to be the Center of Excellence for Operationalizing and Accounting Complex Contracts with Game Publishers, Content Providers, Search Partners, IP Vendors, Online Marketplace Sellers and make compliant, accurate & timely payouts.
The Royalties team is responsible for building the platform and services that helps the RCO group deliver on its charter. The team began its journey in the On-Prem world but has successfully completed the cloud migration journey with 100% of our system running in Azure. But with the scale of transactions being serviced by our platform growing exponentially and the needs of RCO business undergoing digital transformation, we are continually investing in our systems from various dimensions - accelerating our current adoption of Big Data (Hadoop) technologies, doubling down on our API economy transition, digitizing the RCO business process with Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence and building new functionalities that support our business needs all while adhering to modern engineering practices and paying attention to fundamentals in quality, security & compliance, reliability, performance & scale needs of our business.
As a senior engineer and lead on the team you will be responsible for the design and delivery of end-to-end scenarios and features - system architecture, code, deployment, scale, performance aspects from conception to delivery and incubating new business outcomes. You would have opportunities to demonstrate technical leadership, evolve scalable service design, create positive impact through partner collaboration and deliver high quality of service through live site excellence. Prior experience in Azure, Big Data, SQL, WCF, ASP.Net, Claims based identity (WIF), .Net/C#, building applications platforms or frameworks, data modelling will be an advantage. Machine Learning experience will be a great plus. You will have the opportunity to handle a sizeable scope and feature ownership. You will be in a very technical company leading a team of 6-8 software engineers. You and your team will work closely with peers and partners across multiple engineering teams and the program management team to deliver solutions that meet or exceed business requirements.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
* 2+ years of experience leading & managing employees (full time or vendors).
* 3+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services working on top of data of different types(non-structured/structured/ /relational/..).
* Minimum 8+ years of software development & testing experience in building systems/services in Object Oriented Language.
* MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
* Excellent programming skills in object-oriented language.
* Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture, REST, OData services.
* Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
* Working experience with Azure platform
* Experience in Agile execution / delivery.
* Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST APIs & micro services.
* Experience with Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, building and leveraging data lake on Azure or from other cloud solutions providers.
* Experience in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence is a GREAT PLUS.
As you may have notes from above, this position presents a great opportunity to contribute to an effort that is highly strategic to Microsoft. If you think you have it in you to join us, send us your resume right away!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Leading, mentoring and providing technical and career leadership to a team (7+) of FTE software engineers by getting your hands wet in code and design.
* Design, Implement, Validate, Release distributed cloud components/services/systems using your software engineering (designing, coding, review, testing, debugging, problem solving and analytical) skills in agile team that will measurably add value to our business partners and stakeholders.
* Develop designs that are complete from a usability, reliability, security, performance, scale, maintainability, extensibility and built-with-ops-as-first class aspects for the different components/services/system(s) in a cloud world.
* Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences.
* Learn with and as appropriate, lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes that progressively advances our services' capabilities to its different stakeholders.
* Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
* Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience.
* Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to with strategy elements - from ideation to articulation to delivery.
* Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and deliver POCs to evaluate technology development towards service modernization and capabilities enhancements.
* Collaborate effectively with other teams and disciplines and drives improvements in engineering at the org level
* Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
* Develop "best-in-class" engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, compliant, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
* Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.