Are you passionate about beautiful user experiences? Do you have a passion for amazing animations, effects and UI and for the graphics and rendering technologies that support it? Do you want to work on the foundation in Windows that enables innovation in UI and UX concepts across all our devices?
The Windows team is looking for a strong engineering lead to own the core rendering system that power everything which draws to the screen within Microsoft. As a lead on our team, you will have the opportunity to build software that enables engaging UI design visions to be brought to life, directly impacting how developers and end users interact with and feel about our products. You will work closely with internal partners across Microsoft to design and build the foundational components needed for these next generation experiences.
As our team continues in our pursuit, we are looking for a passionate engineering lead who wants to join us in our mission and create the next generation of immersive interactive experiences.
* 8+ years demonstrated experience in designing and developing low level systems.
* 8+ years of C++ programming experience
* 3+ years of leadership and people management experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
* Expertise with low level graphics, working knowledge of GPU architectures and capabilities.
* Ability to design GPU based solutions for high performance solutions across a wide range of hardware and devices.
* Development experience with Direct3D, OpenGL, or similar low level graphics APIs.
* Experience developing or integrating with game engines and architectures, such as Unity and Unreal.
* Experience with low level performance analysis and optimization for both CPU and GPU.
* Design and development experience for publicly facing APIs
* Strong project management skills. Ability to breakdown complex cross-team scenarios into discrete units of work, schedule and track the overall plan, and effectively communicate status to leaders across the organization.
* Strong architecture skills, and practical implementation experience of design patterns.
* Strong partnership, communication, and cross-group collaboration skills.
* Demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams
* Solid object-oriented design, critical thinking, software debugging and problem-solving skills.
* Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and efficiently collaborate with partners to deliver outstanding results.
* Attention to details and passion for high quality software.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead a team building graphics and rendering technologies to support Windows, XBOX, Hololens and all other Windows based devices.
* Effective communicator with the ability to lead and grow both senior and junior developers.
* Drive technical designs and solutions in areas such as advanced effects and lighting, shapes, inking and fonts with a focus on performance and scalability
* Take point on identifying and resolving performance issues in our existing software stack across a variety of hardware and experiences.
* Understand the device ecosystem and hardware roadmap to ensure our software solutions can leverage the latest advances, while also support a large existing hardware ecosystem.
* Work cross-team with partners in Graphics, XBOX, Hololens, and Shell to create solutions that meet their requirements
* Partner with the central design team to build the platform support required to land the needs of Fluent Design.
* Nurture a strong culture of engineering excellence through hands on technical abilities and strong design skills.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.