What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you be focused on providing leading-edge solutions to enable growth & margin by simplifying business processes, driving efficiency and flexibility while ensuring the security of our information & assets, increasing collaboration for employees, customers, and partners through digital platforms.
You will manage and lead software development for multiple systems with resource located globally, system architecture solutions, hardware and software configurations, VPS Access, Local and National Centers engagements, and Production Support. The leadership of key applications such as Accord, eBRO, PMT and other Access systems for both software development with strong focus on security solutions and remediation for systems and infrastructure as well as leading Ordering Center support.
* This team works on VPS Access, Local & National Ordering for products like Wireless Back and Ethernet. The team consists of high-caliber thought leaders and technologists, having extensive working experience on communication products, services, and solutions. Along with systems that promote self-service & growth of APIs to our Customers. The team partners with VPS Business Product, Marketing, Operations and other IT teams across Network & Enterprise. They strive for innovative solutions that introduce cutting technologies to our Customer base.
* Require Strong functional knowledge of VPS Systems and business process to act as an advisor to management and make recommendations on more complex projects. You will use professional concepts and company policies & procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems creatively and practically.
* This Manager position is a leadership role for application development team for VPS Access, Local and National Applications.
* This position is responsible for leading a team of developers, business analysts, and testers to provide them guidance, leadership, motivation and help them maximize their productivity and deliver to business needs.
* Ensures projects are staffed effectively and meet standards to follow appropriate project lifecycles via Agile methodologies.
* Recommends changes/additions to the project plan, makes appropriate adjustments to manage projects as they evolve involving other teams, PMs, Other Unit / Department IT Teams, such as QA, Infrastructure, HW, Production Support and Analysts etc. as needed.
* Prepares weekly reports for upper management regarding project/business status, ensures that projects are kept current for reporting purposes.
* Keep abreast with the rapid changes in technologies and provide recommendations to management on strategic directions for application development.
* Motivate and trains staff to maximize productivity and promotes their professional development in a manner consistent with VZW company policies and practices.
* Manage multiple, medium to large projects and coordinate development activities between multiple IT teams.
* Manage projects, Coordinate development activities, ensure timely delivery of modules to business with good quality and report project status to upper management.
* Coordinate application architecture and technology initiatives to ensure the adoption of proper technology for application development.
* Help plan resources, budget, identify quick wins and identify process improvements that can be automated.
* Manage application initiatives, schedule and align projects, coordinate activities to diagnose and resolve customer issues by working with other teams.
* Lead teams and independently manage application initiatives. Provide guidance and leadership to other team members.
* Required to analyze and estimate projects, be able to completely handle the project from inception to implementation.
* Communicates regularly with Business sponsors and members of other IT groups (PM, Production Control, Infrastructure, Network Services, Marketing etc.) on project status, planned work and user involvement required.
* Staffs vacancies based on headcount and diversity targets in a timely fashion.
* Keep up to date with new technology to provide suggestions on technology directions to management.
What we're looking for...
You have the ability to define a vision and your entrepreneurial mindset drives you to generate highly innovative ideas and take calculated risks. You develop strong relationships and win-win solutions, which makes you a productive collaborator. Customers appreciate that you take personal responsibility for their satisfaction, and team members know they can count on your commitment.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience managing application development efforts with Java-based technologies, Weblogic, and database technologies (Oracle).
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
* A degree or Master's degree in computer science or computer engineering.
* Six or more years of technical experience and increasing responsibility (team lead, mentoring, SME, and technical lead for large, multi-technology deployments).
* Experience managing application development efforts with Java-based technologies, Weblogic, Oracle SOA, AWS, ESPX, and database technologies (Oracle).
* Experience with software and application development, to include API integration.
* Balanced competing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
* Strong knowledge of working on applications for VPS Access Ordering like AccOrd, ASOG, CABS, CSG, UOM. Good understanding of service order and interactions between Ordering and Provisioning.
* Agile methodology experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.