Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle's Exadata software product development team is seeking a passionate development manager to work on cloud initiatives in the Exadata product team.
Oracle Exadata technology is the backbone of Oracle's PAAS and SAAS cloud. It is also the most dominant cloud at customer product from Oracle. Exadata provides a distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available, database aware, intelligent storage that can perform Database offload operations. It has the highest level of visibility inside Oracle.
Our team builds the distributed storage infrastructure software and then tightly integrates it with the Oracle database. We are currently working on making this infrastructure cloud scale. This would build an intelligent storage infrastructure for different database services.
* Take a leadership role in incorporating new features into the Exadata product - tailored to the Oracle Public Cloud.
* Roughly 80% hands-on software development and feature design
* Design and implement parallel, distributed software which is highly secure, scalable, available, fault tolerant in the presence of software and hardware component failures.
* Work in a fast paced, rapidly growing team.
* Work in a cross-functional team with multiple other teams to release a high quality product
* Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* 6 years of system software development experience
* 2 years of software development management experience leading complex software development tasks
* Strong knowledge of cloud storage products
* C/C expertise
* Distributed/Cloud software systems expertise
* Storage experience is a plus
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.