About the teamWe build the pipelines and processes responsible for daily ingestion of terabytes of data. We productionalize intelligent, data-driven systems to help Zillow capture strategic opportunities in the market. Our work enriches Zillow's unparalleled living database of all homes and hundreds of millions of customers and empowers teams downstream to build analytics tools and products to delight our users.
* Small team = big impact. Engineering teams are highly decentralized in order to create the small team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources.
* Fast-moving, developer driven organization full of brilliant and ambitious people.
* Learn more about what we are doing at www.zillow.com/engineering and www.zillow.com/data-science
About the role
We are looking for a strong technical contributor with a background in software development to create intelligent data driven systems and pipelines. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for all phases of the development cycle: design, implementation, testing, and release. You will leverage your deep knowledge and experience to provide technical leadership for the team, take ideas from zero to completion, and provide the bridge between raw data and actionable business insights. You will:
* Build and maintain highly-scalable ETL pipelines and data-driven systems
* Work closely with business stake holders, data analysts and machine learning engineers to productionalize analytic solutions
* Design and implement new data pipelines to support business analysts and data scientists
* Design and build infrastructure to support our petabyte scale data lake
Who you are
* Data engineer with experience with building and shipping highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) and database technologies (SQL/NoSQL/column-oriented datastores/distributed databases)
* Experience with the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Presto/Airflow)
* Proven track record of leading and delivering large projects independently
* Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
* A degree (BS/MS+) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
* Experience with Hive, Spark, Presto, Airflow and or Python a plus
Get to know usZillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love.
We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle -- for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers - and we're well on our way. No matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.