About the teamWe build the pipelines and processes responsible for daily ingestion billions of real-time events and terabytes of data. We productionalize intelligent, data-driven systems to help Zillow capture strategic opportunities in the market. Our work enriches Zillow's unparalleled living database of all homes and hundreds of millions of customers and empowers teams downstream to build analytics tools and products to delight our users.
Small team = huge impact. Engineering teams are highly decentralized in order to create the small team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources.
Fast-moving, developer driven organization full of forward-thinking and ambitious people.
Learn more about what we are doing at https://www.zillow.com/engineering and https://www.zillow.com/data-science
About the role
We are looking for a strong technical contributor with a background in software development to create intelligent, data-driven systems. As a seasoned Software Engineer, you will be responsible for all phases of the development cycle: design, implementation, testing, and release. You will leverage your deep knowledge and experience to provide technical leadership for the team, take ideas from zero to completion, and provide the bridge between raw data and actionable business insights. You will:
* Design and build highly scalable, low-latency, fault-tolerant streaming data platform that empowers Data Scientists, Engineers to build real time data applications.
* Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to build the next generation Distributed Streaming Data Pipelines and Analytics Data Stores using streaming frameworks (Flink)
* Work closely with the real time data collection platform team to build infrastructure for real time processing.
Who you are
* Deep experience in distributed stream processing frameworks: Kafka, Kinesis, Flink and Spark Streaming.
* Deep experience with building and shipping highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) and database technologies (SQL/NoSQL/column-oriented datastores/distributed databases)
* Experience with Java, Scala, Python etc.
* Experience with the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Presto/Airflow).
* Experience building batch, real-time and streaming analytics pipelines with data from event data streams, NoSQL and APIs.
* Proven track record of leading and delivering large projects independently
* Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
* A degree (BS/MS+) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
Get to know us
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.