The Xbox Care Experiences Team (CXT) is responsible for the customer care and education experience across all Microsoft gaming products. We are chartered with building the Xbox Assist experience on Xbox One, Xbox mobile apps, PC apps, the support website, and tools customer support advocates rely on to help customers. All of this is powered by our large Azure Services backend, and data and telemetry solutions. We want to make the in-product support experience predictive, intuitive, timely and personalized for customers. Our ultimate goal is to improve the customer experience and reduce customer pain so gamers spend less time fixing issues and more time having fun!
Two years ago, we embarked on a journey to drastically transform our support model from console-centric to Gaming as a Service. To succeed it is imperative we build modern self-help solutions that help customers solve problems while we reduce our dependency on assisted support. This requires that we build scalable services and solutions that deliver personalized support to gamers in a systematic and consistent way across all customer touchpoints, and that we pave the way to predictive and proactive support through continued investment in ML and AI solutions.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
* 5+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR object-oriented programming
* 8+ years of software industry experience
* Experience building and running services (preferably Azure) at large user scale
* Excellent coding and design skills in C# or another high-level language
* Experience learning new technologies and building high-impact products based on those
* Chosen desire to focus their career on AI & ML
* Understanding of common ML techniques, tools and processes
* Experience with python and common python libraries/packages
* Experience with Azure Machine Learning (AML)
* Experience with Cognitive ToolKit (CNTK)
* Experience with Kubernetes
* Experience in the end to end product lifecycle of ML products, including
* Data preparation
* Data annotation
* Model building
* Data pipelines
* Model training & retraining
* Model scoring
* Deploying models at scale
* Experience in, or working with MSR &/or other research teams
* Desire to be a thought leader in data & ML engineering for CXT and across gaming
* A passion for Gaming
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As part of our growth, we're looking for a very seasoned engineer who has both experiences building large scale services and in the end to end product lifecycle of ML/AI products. This is a key are of investment for our team and this role's focus will be both hands on to develop solutions and also to influence the ML/AI strategy for our entire team. This will include both in house products as well as onboarding models from MSR and other partner teams.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.