PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at PEAK6, you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that may benefit our financial services and trading businesses, and our investment companies. You’ll collaborate with some of tech’s sharpest minds to solve for the firm’s ever-changing but exciting challenges. Working in tech at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working in a team of test engineers to ensure that a high quality product is delivered and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Working closely with internal development teams to review and test new products designed for in-house traders.
- Determining and developing approaches to solutions while assisting with complex problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
- Reviewing requirements to determine test scope, and develop strategic test plans for test assignments.
- Performing functional, system and integration-level testing on newly developed and redesigned company software solutions.
- Documenting and summarizing test results and report findings.
- Developing and implementing detailed, tactical project plans, goals and objectives for complex projects.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience as a SDET/SDE or similar type of role. Preferably in Fin tech space.
- Proficient in Java/C#/C++ or Python preferably on Linux. Proficiency in GO/Groovy is a plus
- Worked on designing and implementing projects – preferably Automation frameworks.
- Familiarity with build & release tools
- Self-starter with 'whatever it takes' attitude in a dynamic work environment
- Great teamwork and communication skills
- Comfortable with SQL.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Automated testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of financials
All of our Test Engineers have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
Learn more about our culture on our website at peak6.com/culture.