At Xandr, our data is our life line - we can only be as good as our data, and great data is critical for business success. Our data pipeline processes tens of billions of log records a day (more than 150TB of data) generated by our real-time bidding engines and ad serving platform. This data is used to generate aggregated analytics reports, pace spend accurately, and drive optimization engines.
Our engineering team builds technology that identifies and analyzes relevant data to match buyers and sellers such that they each achieve their business initiatives. To do this, engineers partner with our Data Science team to implement, test and deploy probability based heuristics and intuitive, high-performance, real-time solutions for our diverse client base. This is an energizing community of engineers that is committed to building dependable products - the software and systems being built drive our real-time bidding business with a multitude of other core initiatives for Xandr.
About the job:
Because Xandr has a very fast-paced software development lifecycle, we're on the hunt for aSSDET to play a critical role in driving and automating the quality of Xandr features, functions, products and platforms. TheSSDET will be responsible for driving all automated test and quality activities within a strategic software development team.You will strive to detect and fix every bug as close to generation of that bug as possible by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels.You willdeveloptest tools to make testing as efficient as possible. Beyond the code, you will partner with Product and Support to deeply understand how our customer use our products and set up the checks and balances that protect our customers from seeing bugs.
* Collaborate with Product and Engineering to develop a comprehensive Test Plan that validates product functionality
* Develop automated tests using Gherkin and Selenium following defined best practices
* Develop and execute tests at all levels of the testing pyramid(unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, end to end tests, security tests. etc.)
* Triage and resolve automated test failures with product engineers directly
* Build and maintain automated testing, test environments(Kubernetes)and test data
* Drive adoption of CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous deployment
* Be a critical participant in the defect management process
* Evangelize the importance of testing, especially unit testing, within Xandr
About your skills and experience:
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent in a technical field of study ORrelevantwork experience in Software Development or Automated Software Testing
* A solid understanding ofthe Software Development Lifecycle SDLCand its related methodologies
* Builtautomated testing frameworksandexperience with Selenium (or similarautomationtools)
* Experience working with continuous integration systems, build process automation and application deploy(Jenkins, Concourse)
* Demonstrated ability to use RESTful APIs, use databases, and develop SQL queries.
* FamiliaritywithKubernetes and understanding of core Kubernetes concepts (Deployment, Pod,ConfigMap, Secret)
* Experience in developing software and/or tests in Java, Python or node.JS
* Ability to analyze programmatically and think critically about statistics, heuristics and algorithms
More about you:
* You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
* You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
* You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
* You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Job ID 1934708 Date posted 07/09/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.