Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS Internet of Things (IoT) SiteWise team
Come and help us build systems that will empower our customers to use their IoT data to optimize their businesses! AWS IoT SiteWise is a fast growing multidisciplinary team addressing industrial customer needs to transform physical operations into self-learning autonomous systems, through a combination of distributed software engineering, edge computing, and applied research. We are looking for senior software engineers for several teams to lead system design, drive a high technical standard, collaborate with customers to iterate early architectures, mentor junior staff, and craft/ship great code. If this is intriguing, read on.
Industrial systems are the new high tech. Physical operations generate petabytes of data across increasingly dynamic processes and require 1000s of sophisticated multi-variate decisions a second. We believe that democratizing advanced process analytics and the IoT technologies that convert physical state to digital measurements, will fuel a new dynamic, diverse manufacturing sector to provide interesting jobs, products and a robust distributed economic engine.
Our technical challenges involve back-end software engineering, edge computing, applied science, and user interface development. We need to develop and apply quantitative algorithms (e.g. machine learning, computer vision, AR/VR) to make industrial process analysis relevant and actionable for operations engineers. We need to build software and information systems to manage industrial data, train models and apply them to critical operations at industrial scale. We need to build intuitive, responsive user interfaces that bridge the gap of machine and human data scale so that workers across the skill spectrum can be effective and included in this digital transformation of industry.
As a senior member of the team, you can have a huge impact on everything from the functionality we deliver for our customers, to the architecture of our systems, to the algorithms we employ, to the culture we build.
* Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
* Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
* Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
* Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
* Are fast-growing, agile and collaborative
* Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers
* Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
* Are excited about the incredible opportunity connected products represent
* Build strong teams with others as passionate as you about this mission
* Take ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
* Want to create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
* Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
* Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.