Senior Software Development Engineer - Automation Core
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We're disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Software Developer, to join our rapidly growing team, building ITOM (IT Operations Management) & highly scalable Cloud Automation software. The team is looking for passionate senior developers/technical leaders, with a strong track record, who are in search of an exciting environment and innovative technology. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a key member of a strong team of developers working on some of the company's core applications.
The Automation Core team is the backbone for ITOM-Services Lifecycle automation. The team has unique challenges of building and managing a pristine Service-Aware CMDB, Service Modeling, and Service Analytics. Our software solutions allows IT to effectively manage Infrastructure Assets, Business Services lifecycle, reduce costs, and improve operational performance and efficiency.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
* Passion for software development and problem-solving
* High energy and an aptitude for learning new technologies
* Over 5+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable components.
* Experience designing & building scalable web services
* Proficiency in web technologies like HTML, AJAX, XML, REST
* Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
* Exceptional understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and design patterns
* Self-starter, with quick learning curve
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle
* Experience with open source technologies - Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Knowledge of cloud technology and distributed computing
* Working knowledge of Linux Internals, MySQL Optimization and Performance Tuning
* Experience with git
* Experience building ITOM (IT operations management) software
* Knowledge of scripting languages (like Perl, Python and bash)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.