The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search technologies. Whenever a customer searches for products by voice using Amazon Echo or visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a search query or browses through product categories, our services go to work. We design, develop and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our core search engine comprises a set of massively scaled, highly available, distributed services utilizing, and continually evolving, our cutting-edge technologies built on top of powerful open-source software like Apache Lucene. These services power Amazon's product search capabilities worldwide.
We are seeking highly experienced and skilled software engineers to join the Amazon Search team in Boston, MA. As a senior member of Search engine team you will:
* Use and improve open-source software packages like Apache Lucene
* Evolve and grow world-class Amazon search services deployed across tens of thousands of machines in AWS, serving billions of search queries at tens of millisecond latencies, while simultaneously handling updates to billions of products worldwide.
* Immerse yourself in imagining and providing cutting-edge solutions to large-scale information retrieval and machine learning (ML/DL) problems.
* Join a great group of motivated, top-notch people and work with them to solve interesting and useful problems in a fun, collaborative environment
* Have a relentless focus on scalability, latency, performance robustness, and cost trade-offs -- especially those present in highly virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environments.
* Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure and evaluate the consequences of designs and the ongoing success of our platform.
* Alongside a dedicated operations team, develop and support the smooth 24x7 operation of our worldwide service.
Joining this team, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We have offices in Boston, Palo Alto and Seattle.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.