Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
The Tours team is focused on reinventing an essential part of the home-buying process: how customers visit homes. Our Book It Now feature was recognized as the Most Innovative Real Estate Technology by the 2015 Inman Innovator Awards, and we've continued to make great strides since then. As a Senior Full-Stack Software Developer for Tours, you will lead projects and mentor fellow developers to help our team make tour scheduling as easy and efficient as possible.
This year, Redfin is opening a new Engineering office in Frisco, TX. As the first Senior Developer for Redfin in this location, you'll work closely with teammates and the Engineering Site Lead to establish best practices for collaborating with our Seattle and San Francisco colleagues, build a fun and welcoming atmosphere, and lay a foundation for growth.
* Lead complex multi-person technical projects from initial design to national launch, identifying pitfalls and coaching colleagues along the way
* Design and build technical solutions that address complex touring business requirements across 80+ Redfin markets to help reduce a process that can take multiple phone calls, spreadsheets, and calendars to as few manual steps as possible
* Keep up with technology trends in the industry to identify opportunities to apply them to the team or Redfin as a whole
* Better the team by driving efficiency improvements and mentoring teammates to strengthen individual skills
Desired Skills & Experience
* Full-stack experience: 5+ years of experience as a software developer, working on both front and back-end features. Java, Postgres, or React experience a plus
* A proven track record: you've driven several complex multi-person projects to completion and can speak to the results
* Architecture instincts: you know when to use pre-built technologies from proven companies like Google and Twilio, and when it's time to build a tailored solution from the ground up
* Mentorship: you have the leadership skills (and the patience) to grow the developers around you
* Customer empathy: you are a "voice of the customer" and understand how your projects affect user experience
* Effective written and verbal technical communication: you can collaborate across distances, and when you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas
* A mission that matters. We serve 42 states including Washington DC and closed $85 billion+ in home sales as of 2018!
* Far more responsibility than at a big company, but at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup
* Daily releases so you can see the fruits of your labor delivered to users quickly, and you can see the impact as we hear back from customers, agents, bloggers, and national media
* A management team that will inspire you with their heart and soul, and teach you how to build successful startups yourself
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company that provides real estate search and brokerage services.