DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
* Participate in the Daily Scrum with the Scrum Master and the Agile Development Team
* Work with the Product Owner to write User Stories that ensure robustness, redundancy, and scalability in order to fully ensure quality
* Participate in release planning via acceptance test writing and supplying estimates for QA completion
* Work in an Agile based environment using SCRUM
* Verify new and changed features across multiple browser types using both manual and automated scripts and programs
* Troubleshoot and log defects and verify their fixes
* Verify builds for release both manually and via automation.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
The successful Senior Engineer will have:
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5 or more years of experience in software quality assurance
* 3 or more years of experience working within the Agile software development life cycle
* 5 or more years of experience in test automation building and managing re-usable tests within the automation framework
* Development of various software application and tools using languages like Go, Python C, C++ and C# for testing software and firmware products
* HTML, HTML5 and XML coding or testing experience and utilizing industry standard automated tools testing through a browser
Test Management Tools: Rally, Zephyr, JIRA, Rally, and QA Complete
Automation Tools: ReadyAPI and Cucumber Behave Framework
Protocols/Technologies: REST, SOAP, TCP/IP & SNMP
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical degree Demonstrated team player with good communication skills Broad knowledge of QA methodologies Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills Experience in a DevOps organization Experience using version control repositories like SVN or GIT Experience using Continuous Integration technologies 1-2 years of experience using cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP. 1-2 years of experience using DevOps tools such as GitLab, Kubernetes, and Docker.